Wednesday, August 28, 2013

We are molluscum FREE! New updated steps to getting here.

After a long time of dealing with this horrible virus, I am happy to say we are MC free! It wasn't easy and took me a while to listen to my gut and to find what worked for us.

If you have read my first post on MC, you know all the ups and downs I've had with this, and the path that ACV was taking me. Although, it was working, it wasn't fast enough. Plus it was burning my daughter's skin (more on this below). I was on the right path but hit a few bumps before reaching the end. Now that I 'm here, it was totally worth it, and although she may not agree, it was also worth it for my girl. She can now wear anything she likes in this hot Florida weather without fear of showing off those nasty bumps or infecting anyone else.

Here's a quick summary of what was going on before:

  • My daughter started with about 24 MC when I finally decided to do something about them.

  • I didn't do anything sooner because I listened to the doctors advice about them going away on its own, when she only had less than 5. I'm sure they do, but years is an unreasonable amount of time to wait.

  • I started the treatment too aggressively at first, and in this situation MORE is not better. I applied too much ACV, on too big of a cotton ball, on way too many MC at a time. It burned her skin. Not a serious burn. It was more superficial, but it did scab like when you get skid burn from falling off your bike. It has since healed and she has no scars. Thank goodness!

  • After treating a few, I got lazy (I was about 7 months pregnant or so) and was also scared since I had already burned her ( I felt so guilty) and they spread. She now had about 30 of them. (dang it!)

  • I wanted to get rid of these before the new baby came. I was able to do it within 2-4 weeks after this. It would have been sooner but I only had access to a pool on the weekends (more info below on why a pool)

This info below was part of my original post. The parts in RED are any changes or updates.

WHAT I LEARNED SO FAR (In General)
 
1. Don't sit on your butt. Even if your doctor says it will go away on its own, do some research, and figure out what other approach may work for you. Doctors don't prescribe holistic, or home remedies, and who knows, they may just work. You have to wait it out anyway, right? Had I listened to my gut earlier on, I would have been tackling a few, and not 24
 
2. Don't give up! There are many, many, many posts out there of what has worked, and hasn't worked, for many people. This is a good thing. It gives us many options to play with. Maybe you luck out on your first attempt, and maybe you have to try two, or three remedies, before finding out what works best with your body.  Either way you have to LET IT RUN ITS COURSE, so why not try different things in the meantime. ACV is what worked for us. Tea tree oil and Hydrogen Peroxide did not. However, don't eliminate them from your list.
 
3. Be patient. It might take 2 weeks to clear up on someone and 2 months on someone else. Remember, our immune systems help with the curing of this virus. We don't all have the same one. I believe with my method, and if your have around the same amount, they should be gone in no time. However, accessibility, location of MC, age, amount treated at one time, etc. will factor in on this.
 
4. Take vitamins. I knew I had to attack this from the outside and the inside. My daughter is a picky eater and veggies and fruits were not going to cut it. I started her on a gummy multi-vitamin. I later realized there was one for the immune system. I will get that next time. Doesn't hurt
 
5. WASH everything! I didn't repeat her outfits, and I used ONE towel every day, and I changed her bed sheets once a week. During that week, I sprayed the living daylights out of it with Lysol. All it takes is one little flake of skin to pass this virus around. I tried my best. I sprayed down everything that came in contact with her clothes or body daily with Lysol. After researching, I came across some info that the virus doesn't live on surfaces. It thrives in moist areas, hence the warnings of not to share towels or bathing suits, and how its  believed to be contracted through water. Clothes can also get moist with sweat so don't share those. However, I also read that the virus dies off once item is dry, if not immediately no more than a few hours. This is where I got some of this information : Life of Molluscum on formites and transmission
 
6. Anti-Bacterial is our friend. Wash your hands and their hands with soap and warm water as often as possible and then squirt some anti-bacterial just in case. This is what we did.  This may not kill viruses but it gave me peace of mind.
 
7. Exposure. If you are lucky enough to have them someplace where they can be covered up do so. Not necessarily with bandages, but with clothes. This helps in keeping others virus free. Make sure your kids wear pants and t-shirts over them. It's hard, but just be mindful. Someone wasn't with me and look at all I've been through. If you don't have molluscum, stay away from anyone that does. For adults: Its like an STD and contagious through sex because of the skin to skin contact. So let your partners know, or better yet, stay zipped up. Yeah, still cover up. They are contagious  through touch because the white part is the virus and if exposed infect others. Or if two sweaty kids or adults hug, bump into each other, etc this can also spread it.
 
 
 
WHAT I LEARNED SO FAR (with ACV)
 
1. TAKE THAT! The ACV works best in scabbing the larger ones that are really white. Try getting these first. If they have a lot of bumps, it can get overwhelming for both you, and them. Putting the ACV on non puffy white ones was a waste of time and material. Not to mention this contributed to the burning of the skin. Only try to tackle a few at a time. Usually they don't get white and puffy at the same time. If they do, only apply the cotton ball soaked on the largest of the bunch, then, with a ACV soaked q-tip, apply on the less large white ones until the next day.
 
2. BATHS I did NOT give her baths. I didn't want to risk them spread to her privates. Her bumps were all on her back, around the under part of her armpit. Still didn't do this. Instead I let her go for long swims in the pool. ONLY a pool. The chlorinated water served as a "bleach bath" and I felt like the ratios were going to be more on point then my mixtures.
 
3. WATER EXPOSURE I noticed my daughters got puffier and whiter AFTER being exposed to water for a good while....at least 20 minutes or more. I let her run in the sprinklers. If you are unable to use sprinklers for any reason, or use a chlorinated pool (there is no proof its spreads in chlorine), I suggest letting them wear a t-shirt, and let them enjoy a long SHOWER (not bath). I suggest the t-shirt because it will keep the bumps moist for a good while. Dry them off as soon as they come out of the shower. Now I believe, the pool or my 2nd method below, are more effective than the sprinklers. In fact, I wouldn't let her run in the sprinklers now if she had MC for fear of them spreading. A quick shower I cant avoid, but that's it. I don't want to help them spread.
 
METHOD 1: I let my daughter play in a chlorinated pool. After she was in there a good hour or more, some of the more mature MC came out white. Some bigger and some smaller, but white nonetheless. I immediately applied an ACV soaked cotton (small piece) with a Band-Aid on the larger ones. Just a few at a time. Use judgment on how many are enough. For my 5 years old I took on about 4-5 at a time. I left the ACV on several hours. Once the cotton dried, I DID NOT remove it. I used a dropper (for medicine) and soaked the same cotton ball with ACV again. After a couple more hours I would peel the Band-Aid off. They were either black or gray. Those would scabbed over within the next day. The black ones within a few hours to a day. The gray ones a couple of days.

METHOD 2: I live in Florida so finding a pool, or the beach, isn't hard for me to get to. For those who can't get to one, I suggest applying a cotton ball covered with a Band-Aid but soak the cotton ball in water instead of ACV. Leave that on for a few hours. Soak again in water if needed with dropper until the MC is really puffy and white. Once MC get white then apply the ACV. You can reapply it to the same cotton ball or change it. This method takes a bit longer but should also be effective.
 
 
4. STEPS Once they are dried up from the shower, start you ACV process.
  • pick out puffiest/whitest bumps first (only do a few at a time)
  • poke the bigger ones a bit to aggravate them. This seems to help. Use Q-tip. No need to do this with the 2 steps above.
  •  dry area well
  •  place half of band aid over selected bump
  • dip cotton ball in ACV. Squeeze some of the excess but not completely dry.
  • place in middle of band aid
  • seal up other half of band aid

5. TIME. If you do this during the day and are able to reapply, do so. Once the cotton dries up, remove them with tweezers from inside the band aid, and insert a newly moist cotton ball. Leave this on for a few more hours. Then remove bandages off completely. I found the sleeping with the bandages was unnecessary since the ACV does dry up in a couple of hours. No need for them to be sleeping uncomfortably. I would only suggest this if your little one picks and pulls the bandages while awake. I stopped removing the cotton ball and just reused it by soaking again with a dropper. My daughter didn't like the removal of the cotton ball and the replacement so this saved her some anguish. Towards the end I would let her sleep with 2-3 bandages if they didn't bother her.
 
6. Vinegar is acidic and burns.  It was very hard for me to put the band aids on a squirmy, whiny kid, so I opted not to put such a small piece of cotton on the bumps. This did cause some burning of the outer layer of skin. This also only occurred on the ones that scabbed over first. If you see that the skin becomes to irritated give it a few days. Let it heal, and then continue. Some people dilute it a bit with water, but I didn't do this. If it burns their skin too much, then stop for a while, and try again. If it continues to hurt their skin, apart from just a bit of stinging, this may not be suitable for them. Don't give up if at first it burns. I did and they spread. Just take it easier. Try one with less ACV or try to dilute the vinegar with a bit of water. It may slow the process a bit, but that's ok. However, if you tackle the large white ones, it shouldn't even be enough time for it to burn the skin. Unless you have extremely sensitive skin, apply too much, or on certain areas. Area will get red but that goes away within a few days.
 
7. The Mighty scab. Once the bumps scab, I wouldn't put anymore ACV because it will hurt. Instead, put some Neosporin and cover with a band aid. One two of ours, once the band aid was removed, the scab was stuck on the band aid. If the area still looks like its healing, clean it off with some hydrogen peroxide, and reapply the Neosporin. I stopped putting Neosporin. They healed on their own and fell off fine.
 
8. Scarring. Yes, it might leave scars. I think they will eventually look like chicken pox scar. Burning them off will leave scars, too. I don't mind a few small round scars. I can live with them and since my daughter is only 5, and has a lot of growing to do, I don't think they will be that big of a deal. Anything to get rid of these pesky bumps. You can try some ointment like Maderma afterwards for scars, Vitamin E, or maybe even aloe. I am not doing any of these as of yet.  YES, she has small craters. They look just like chicken pox marks. I am sure these will disappear as her skin stretches with growth. She's 5.
 
 
 
SUPPLIES:
1. Vinegar I used the Walmart brand vinegar. I believe it was about $3.50 for the large bottle.
2. Cotton balls
3. Q-tips
4. Hydrogen peroxide pointless
5. Band aids (a lot) or medical tape (sensitive one) Medical tape didn't work. Band aids did.
6. Neosporin No need.
 
I really hope this helps all of you. Again, I am not a doctor or anyone with any medical knowledge. I am simply a mom who was at her wits end. This worked for us. I was skeptical when I first read about it, but it was worth a shot. I also didn't want to spend big bucks, that I didn't have, on expensive medicine, that may or may not have worked. I spent less than $20 on the ACV and less than $45 with the Tea Tree oil and materials I bought before.
 
Please leave me your feedback, your own experiences, share your stories and any remedy that worked for you. I would love to hear them!

46 comments:

  1. Hi Cristy!
    My name is Ann, and I have to thank you for your very detailed experience! I, too, am dealing with this w/ my 4 year old son. What started out as a simple pimple on his thigh has now transpired into about 25 tiny ones on his chest. He also has eczema, although he hasn't had very many flare ups recently.

    After reading your posts, I decided to give the ACV a whirl. We started the treatment on Sunday. And it seems to be working, however, I have a few questions, and I was hoping to get your advice.

    First off, he had two of them that were in a cluster (which he itched at and was red BEFORE we started treatments. After putting 2 treatments of ACV, it has scabbed over, but it is really red around the area. This morning, it actually looked like it may be infected, because the scab looked almost like it was white...and it was still red around the area. So, I cleaned it off and then just put a bandaid on it (w/ nothing else). I'd like to let it air dry, but I just fear that he'd itch it and all hell would break loose. He says none of the bumps have been bothering him, but you never know with a 4 yr old in school!!
    So, my question is: what would you do w/ this particular one? Did any of your daughter's become infected? Or look scabby but still white? It looks like if you were to pick it, it would bleed.

    I was using neosporin, but then you said you stopped. We do the treatments at night so he can sleep w/ them, and then we check them in the morning. The ones that look like they will fall off, I leave bare. The ones that have a white head, I'm not sure what to do. Today, I slathered on coconut oil (my friend says that's what helped her kids), so I guess we'll see what happens.

    Also, since he has eczema, I read somewhere that if you use ACV and get them "angry," more will pop up. Did you experience that w/ your daughter?
    I also read to give them elderberry as well to help boost the immune system...

    How long from start to finish did it take you to get rid of this? And is it super contagious? We make him wash his hands all the time, and I don't let him wear clothes more than once. I have been super obsessed about getting it cleared up (we have a newborn at home), and I keep thinking he's going to pass it... so I have been washing everything on a sanitize cycle!
    Any advice would help!
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Ann!

    So happy you found my blog. I really hope it helps out. I haven't dealt with MC and Eczema together, I don't know if the ACV may flare up the eczema.

    My daughters did not become infected. However, had they, I probably would have cleaned with hydrogen peroxide and then have applied Neosporin. If it doesn't hurt, I would swab over it with diluted ACV before I did the HP and the Neosporin. Just to neutralize the MC. Just in case the virus is still present. I'd definitely put a bandaid over it.

    I did stop the Neosporin but it was because I was putting it on scabs I caused by burning her skin. I had applied too much ACV in to big of an area. I was afraid that since I was putting it on non infected skin, it would moisten it up, and spread. I had also stopped neutralizing them as to not cause any further irritation.

    My daughter didn't have eczema so I don't know that is. I have her flinstones vitamins the immunity ones. They have very high vitamin c. The ones I was able to tackle the quickest were the "angry" one. Once they got big, puffy and white, I knew they were goners.

    It took me a while because I didn't figure these steps out until the end. I would just apply the acv and it didn't do anything. I did this for weeks and weeks. It wasn't until I realized that water and getting them white, was the key. Once I figured that out I feel I could have gotten rid the ones on her torsoin 2 weeks or less. The reason it took a little longer is because I only had access to the pool on weekend.

    I went crazy disinfecting everything. It is super contagious. However, after finding the article that I posted on this post above, they seem to believe it doesn't live in surfaces. In order for it to thrive it needs to be moist. I didn't want to take any chances, since at this time I was pregnant. I cleaned everything I could in the house with Clorox. I didn't let her wear the same clothes. I didn't let her touch her brother until I was sure they were gone. I felt bad but I would have felt worse if he had gotten them, too.

    Like I see it is, it may not live on surfaces, but it doesn't hurt to be extra careful.

    Make sure they are not exposed. Cover them with bandages or clothes (unless on face of course.)

    Hope this has helped! Keep me posted. Would love to know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for replying Cristy! I have hydrogen peroxide, and I think I will try it tonight. We have been giving him showers daily, but I may try the soaked cotton ball (in water) to really aggravate some of the other ones, too.
    Eczema is another skin disorder that can affect many people. It's usually treatable (and harmless). They are just patches of dry skin. I can usually tell when he has a flare up, because he will get small patches, and if he itches them, they just get red. I knew the bumps he got on his chest were not eczema because they weren't itching AND they looked like teeny tiny pimples...

    So one more question:
    The ones that have a black/purplish scab, do you continue w/ the ACV treatments until they fall off? or do you just leave them to air out and hopefully they will off on their own? he has two that are black and pretty dry, so I keep thinking they will fall off on their own.

    I will keep you posted on his progress. Hopefully, it will go away soon!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once they scab over, kiss them goodbye, or better yet, don't kiss the,. lol

    Once they scab, they stay like that for a while. Eventually, it just falls off like a regular scab.

    His skin might have a little bump left or a little crater(like a chicken pox scar)where the MC was.

    If the molluscum is just black and hasn't scabbed yet, it should be by the next day or so. You said they were dry, so I assume its an actual scab and not the black MC.

    If the MC is black, you can go ahead an put a little more ACV. That should definitely finish it off.

    Definitely keep me posted. :)

    How many does he have in total? Are they countable?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cristy!
    I am so sorry for not replying sooner. Here is an update for you:
    The big cluster that was on his chest is now gone! It has scabbed over (probably about the size of a ladybug), but nonetheless, it is gone!
    I got a bit lazy (went out of town and didn't bring any treatments w/ us), and unfortunately, it has spread. :(
    It's weird because his bumps are not huge. Since returning to daily treatments, I've managed to get rid of about 6 more. He's got about 7-8 teeny tiny ones to tackle, but I just reread your original (updated) post and noticed that you said to apply the ACV when the bumps were white.. and the ones left on him are NOT.
    We do daily showers at night, but they're not long enough, IMO, to really get them puffy. We just rejoined the YMCA, so now I'm considering taking him to the pool this weekend. When you took your daughter, did the pool do the trick on the smaller (immature) ones?

    And now, I think they are spreading to his face! I've only seen about 4 of them. I've been putting on coconut oil (as opposed to the ACV), and I don't know if it's working or not. It's only been about 3 days of applying the oil.
    There are 3 on his face that are SOOOO TINY, but there is one that is just red, and quite honestly, just looks like a bug bite. So... my husband said we should just do the ACV and take our chances since they're so small, but I'm afraid to.

    After you took your daughter to the pool, when did you start to apply treatment? When you got home or at the pool? Did you allow her to shower first?

    Thanks again for all your advice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. Im currently tackling this with my 4 year old. She has about 7 or 8 "aggravated" ones but about 20 little teeny tiny ones. Ive been doing the ACV cotton balls on the bigs ones and am seeing them change by the hour. I'm just not sure what to do with the tiny ones. They are all located on her upper thighs so i though daily ACV bath soaks would help, wanted your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been living with it for 8 years on and off, although it may have never went off because I still have it. It was sexually transmitted and had no idea what it was at first, I could have kept it from spreading to myself and others who I was in a relationship with. Lately I've been trying the ACV after a daily shower, but instead of using all of those bandages I just swab my skin with a cotton ball soaked in it. Since I have very few big ones and many, many small ones on my legs, back, chest and pubic area. I would say most of them have dried up but are still visible. I never use the same towel and always put on a fresh set of clothes after the ACV dries. It seems to be going well but taking forever and I find tiny bright red ones here and there every once in awhile. If anyone knows if this will work for sure, please let me know. I even burned a few big ones with liquid nitrogen leaving scars, but the lesions are gone. I would assume it leasted this long because of passing it back and forth with my partner of 5 years, but I wasn't with anyone for an entire year before that and I still spread it. Is there an actual cream prescribed by dermatologists that will help speed up this process?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you thank you thank you for the great information! Once they turned black did you do anything else? like try to extract the black center?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all the info!!!! Treating my 9 year old daughter for MC. Bumps first turned dark gray after treatment of ACV.By the next day the bumps are red and appeared to have oozed a little. Did you experience this? Do you think I should continue treatment? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Don't want her to suffer any ill comments or "looks" at school!!! Unfortunatly its on her face....:-( Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing your story! ! It helps to just know that someone else has gone through it. We went from a nurse telling us it was flea bites, to hand foot and mouth disease,and only excema. I figured it out on my own it is MC. On my son, wherever he had a bump, it turns into an excema patch poor boy looks awful! !!! I am going to try ACV on all of us. Again, thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing your story! ! It helps to just know that someone else has gone through it. We went from a nurse telling us it was flea bites, to hand foot and mouth disease,and only excema. I figured it out on my own it is MC. On my son, wherever he had a bump, it turns into an excema patch poor boy looks awful! !!! I am going to try ACV on all of us. Again, thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cristy,
    I am hoping you still are active on this blog...
    I have been dealing with my now 4 year olds MC for over a year and a half. We bought the expensive Tegaderm band aids to cover them so they wouldn't spread. We saw the doctor to get an ointment cream that helped them not look so flared up and the skin calmed down. I am trying to not cry over this every night. I feel so terrible for him and he tries to hard not to scratch- at first they didn't bother him. He now has at least 50, easy.
    I am getting the ACV today to try. my BIG QUESTION is he now has them on the inside if his bum cheeks. This is a new area within this past week. Can I give him a shallow bath of ACV to get on his bum or will Epsom salt help dry them out at all??
    Thank you so very much for all of your and this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! How had the treatment turned out? I wouldn't put the ACV near any private areas. It stings and can burn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are MC FREE!!!! Thank you so much for your detailed experience with treating this awful virus.
      We had my son sit in a shallow bath mixed with about 5-7 cups of ACV to take care of the bumps on his bum for a week. We did the cotton ball treatment on the angry bumps and saw results the next day! We continued with the cotton balls for 2-3 weeks. We all were so happy, but especially him. The cotton balls did burn and he cried but he knew it was the only way to get rid of it. We would ask if he still wanted to and he would say yes. So we did a few at a time and he got little surprises each day. Cost us a little but he really was Superman for being so strong dealing with it... I got him a Superman cape first. Twice we used diluted ACV and lightly rubbed it on his face (not near the eyes)& then put coconut oil all over him. with in 3 days there weren't any little bumps on his face or arms.
      He is now just healing and has little red marks but not a problem after what he went through for 2 years.

      Delete
    2. Awesome! So happy to hear they are gone. My daughter still has little scars, they look like chicken pox scars. I guess they are about the same thing since MC is related to the pic virus.

      Good job on your little man for being such a trooper. To this day my daughter can't smell vinegar lol poor thing.

      Delete
  14. Hi Christy, thanks so much for your post, it's giving me hope I can get on top if this. My 4yr old daughter has about half a dozen to a dozen bumps on her leg. I've been to the ACV treatment for two days but she has complained if it burning so I've had to dilute the ACV. After two days the bumps come up white and the skin around it is all red. No sign of grey or black. In your experience is it worth persisting to try and get them to blacken? Thank so much again for posting this. I agree the let it pass recommendation from the doctor is just not an option.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kristn, I just went through this with my son. It is so hard when they are in pain but in my opinion you have to keep at it. It has to have enough ACV and not too much water or you'll just be doing it longer. It is most effective when the bump is white. Otherwise it won't penetrate enough to kill the virus. The black is the scab, a great sign that it killed it.
    Best wishes and I hope you get ride of this awful virus!
    -Tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara I really appreciate your reply. I might be trying on bumps that are still too new, I'm just so afraid they'll spread and her raw little skin is heart breaking. I might wait a few days and let her heal and then try again overnight. Have you ever tried or heard of putting a salve around the skin surrounding the bump to protect that skin from the ACV?

      Delete
  16. Kristin,
    I haven't heard of that. I was willing to try anything to see what had the best results so I say go for it. What works for some may not work for others. We tried Oregano oil but that just irritated and inflamed the skin and didn't kill the virus. We used the Tegaderm bandaids but that seemed like it almost encouraged the spreading.

    We only found it spread once the white burst or when they finally became itchy and he was scratching all over. As we did the cotton ball treatment (not diluted cause it just takes longer- we saw results the next day)I would cover him in coconut oil to keep his skin from itching and drying out. He did have a ton of little bumps all over his back and arms, but by the end of the first week they were gone. Even the ones on his face. I was so worried the ones on his face would develop to the nasty white... phew! make sure like Cristy said do not share towels, use new clothes everyday, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I found this site, I've been in a panic trying to figure out what to do for my 3 year old, who has over a dozen of these. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I snuck in while he was sleeping and applied cotton balls with water and after an hour swapped them with cotton soaked ACV. How big were the cotton balls you used? I tried to make them small so as not to irritate the surrounding skin too much, but in one area behind his knee they are so clustered together that I used a piece as big as the cotton pad on the bandage. Now I'm concerned he'll wake up with burned skin, as he does have very sensitive skin, or that I didn't use enough to make a difference. Any insight would be helpful! I'm considering this the "first treatment"...how many treatments would you do in a day? I'm planning on rubbing the areas with a little coconut oil if it's irritated, that helped and didn't spread it?

      Delete
  17. Thank you everyone for your advice! We are dealing with this with my almost 3 and 6 year old boys. They've had it for a year. Putting diluted clove oil on them has helped and a cream from the doc may have helped some to. I have a 10 month old I'm praying doesn't get it. My question is... What should I wash towels and clothes in? Regular detergent? Towels we can dry on a hot setting. Lots of their clothes I hang dry but maybe as long as it's thoroughly dry it should be ok since it's not supposed to live on a dry surface long?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so sorry you're dealing with this awful virus!
    I washed all of my son's clothes, towels, blankets by themselves. I washed on cool/cold (I just always do) and dried in the dryer- I figured heat would help. I didn't notice he got more from the articles, but we also made sure a towel was never used more than once. Same with the clothes. My 2 kids never shared towels, baths, soft toys, anything. He had them for almost 2 years but my daughter never got them. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What did you do with the tiny ones. I did your method for the larger ones and they are gone but wasn't sure what to do for the small ones?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Here is some info, maybe it will help anyone? I wash everything separate (kids towels espec) and with bleach too on the hot cycle. change PJs every night and same with clothing, never wear 2x without washing first. We are in the middle of this in my house. My daughter 7yr has had it almost 2 years. we have done Beetle Juice, we have had infected ones, but all of those have cleared. then more started coming. I think b/c I didn't know at first how contagious the waxy core it. ugh! and I squeezed one. never do this! I tried benzoyl peroxide 10% on her most recently on two new ones and it helped them dry to a head. Then I used Gorilla tape and pulled the head out of the molloscum. And after that did the ACV (which she did say burned a little). we used cut up gauze very small with the waterproof nexcare bandaids which are wonderful and do not bother her (sensitive skin) after 4 hours the molloscum were white and flat with black marks in the middle. I put fresh bandaids on without washing the vinegar from her skin and in a couple hours they were all black and scabbing. tonight I just placed a damp gauze on top quickly (not wiping at all) to try and remove the remaining vinegar (scared to get any shower/bath/water on her right now) and covered with a gauze and the sensitive medical tape. these are her last 2 active ones right now but new ones seem to emerge about once a week. I see something on her bottom and am about to freak out, LOL, that better be a pimple... :-(
    I also read that you can treat from the inside out so we are doing ACV drink, mix 1/2TBSP ACV and 1TBSP Honey and 6oz water. she says it tastes good. also a multivitamin with C and Zinc and also a pre and probiotic. Hey I figure ATTACK at all ends. my Son just started showing a couple this month and I am not ready to tackle his yet (he's only 3) but it will be soon as I am not waiting for them to spread. hope this helps anyone looking for info and thanks for this blog its nice to know there are other moms dealing with this, and makes me feel less crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What can I use on my 8 year old for the itchiness?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello. Im a 40 ur old female who has been in a faithful relationship. I noticed what looked like a pimple or ingrown hair a year ago, in my nether regions and attempted to pop it. It was stubborn. I continued to shave in the area after a couple of months noticed a few more. I was horrified. Thanks to the healthcare system, i didnt have insurance or a way to have it looked at. Flash-forward one year and was finally diagnosed with MC.Doc said same thing... but goin on 14 months and it hasnt cleared. Some did go away on their own when i would put zinc oxide (diaper cream) a thin layer and let it dry over night. Especially the big ones that didnt come to a head. It dried them out and they peeled right off. Then i found this sight and have been sitting in baths nightly ( 2 cups and water filled to belly because i have them inner thigh, bum, belly, and in areas i can really stick bandaids too ). It is aggravaiting them and some have come to a head and scabbed up. More are popping up out of no where with a head as well. Think its ones lying dormant. Ive tried zymaderm, but after 5 bottles and nothing happening...decided to try this. Think i will try the thin layer of zinc oxide again as that was successful for some the big ones. But def gonna keep this up. I see more progress now than not doing a thing. Its painfully... but ready for it to go. Any advice would be great.

    Also, how long did it take for those of you who bathed children?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know this is a very old article but I came across it and I want to thank you! My 4 year old daughter has this. Her doctor referred us to a dematologist but also made it clear that it would go away on its own over time. She had 2 spots then. It's been 2 months and still no apt with the dermatologist (I'm in Canada and it could take many more months). Meanwhile, she grew new molluscum, and had around 10. I started the ACV treatments 2 days ago. We are applying it overnight and again in the morning. I soak her in an Epsom salt bath beforehand. Her spots are mostly on her chest, with a few on one arm. The morning after our first application 1 spot was gone. Just gone. Not black, or stabbed over. 2 others were blood red. I reapplied. Second removal showed a third bump to be bright red. I reapplied. This morning she has 3 scabbed over, black bumps Andalusia fourth, the largest, is bright red. I'm so hopeful! I haven't treated some of the smaller bumps yet (band aid removals are not fun for little kids) but I will start on them now that so many of the larger ones are healing.

    Thank you so much for posting this. I can't believe something in my pantry is curing something that doctors can't seem to touch with modern medicine. My daughter is so embarrassed about her bumps, I'm so glad I can get rid of them for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did it work for the small ones too? I just started a few hours ago with ACV on my daughters molluscum. She has probably 40 spots. Only a handful are white; most are red small raised bumps, some are just red under the skin. I'm just wondering what to do with the small ones that aren't raised. For now I'm doing the spot treatment worth cotton balls and bandaids for the big ones.

      Delete
  24. Hi Nicole I used this blog to help with my son. He had a handful for over a year & then it got crazy bad. This process works! It's tough to see them in pain but it gets rid of them.
    For the smaller ones we actually add the ACV & water mix in a spray bottle and sprayed him down after a shower. It doesn't make them scab but you have to wait for them to get large & white to scab. Anyhow, spraying it applied it quickly and seem to help slow it down a little. I also layered him in coconut oil to keep his skin from drying out.
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi everyone, my daughter has some in between her bum cheeks and also on her upper thigh. Bandaids irritate the skin on the thigh and I can't use those in the bum area. Has anyone had their daughter soak in a bath with ACV? I'm unsure about the exposing the area around the vagina to the ACV but not sure how else to get rid of the nasty bumps. Please share if you have done this and if it worked out okay. Thank you! GG

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much for writing this. My 8yo had it on his cheeks/ neck. We were trying the ACV, but just dabbing it and it wasn't working. As soon as I read this, I knew it was worth a try. We attacked those bad boys and doused them multiple times a day with cotton balls soaked in ACV and left them on there with bandaids. With a few weeks they were scabbed over. The scabs took a long time to heal, but now they are finally gone. Hooray!!!! This would not be the case if I hadn't read your post. Why does no one else tell us this??? Thank you so much. You are a life saver!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great blog! We have been fighting MC on our 4 year old for almost a year now I think. It started on her bottom and looked like she was getting a yeast infection. After I treated it for that a few times, it started spreading to the back of her thigh and down to the back of her knee where she gets horrendous eczema. It also spread to her chest (2 spots), her arm (1 spot), her back (1 spot), and her neck (2 spots). I tried the direct application treatments of ACV as well as ACV baths. I saw some improvement, but mostly it just burned and irritated her sensitive skin. We switched to using Bio-Oil on the affected areas (end of July 2017) to keep the skin hydrated and prevent eczema and we have seen a significant decrease in the number of spots. Previously she had 20 to 30 spots. Now she has 15 probably (estimate).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's been a while but did the Bio-oil work for you?

      Delete
  28. Thank you for such a great blog! I have learned so much about the treatment. I have two MCs and after using ACV about three times, they turned white. I don't have a poor to go swimming, so I just skip that part. I only applied the cotton ball soaked in ACV before I went to bed. Take the cotton out in the morning and put new band aids to cover the bumps. I have so many questions to ask because i'm not sure what I am doing is enough to kill the MCs. How many times do I have to apply ACV on these bumps until they turn black (applying cotton ball soaked in ACV at night only)? I also noticed that it's more stinger than last three treatments. is it supposed to be like that? Is applying ACV at night time enough to kill MC? Please help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I know this post is old but I’m reading every word like ��. I have been doing this for about a week and we have several black mc. They have turned black but they still have a white dot in them, so do I continue the acv or let them heal? Also my daughters biggest one was a blackish scab (still had a white middle kinda of under the scab) and when she woke up she ripped the band aid off and the cotton ball was dried to it and it ripped the scab off ��) it looks like a yellowish color and didn’t really bleed so I put some cocounut oil and a bandaid on it before school. So main question is do you continue the acv when they’re black and scabbed? And also is it normal for the black and scanned ones to still have a “head”??

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi. I know this was posted a few years ago but I’m hoping you are still active! My 5 year old has two little MC bumps. We’ve been following your protocol and the one behind his ear is being stubborn: but it’s a tricky spot. We are being patient. The one on his arm is the one I have a question about: it’s def turned black but this is where I get confused: it’s still got white around it, so do I keep it covered with a bandaid or let it air dry out uncovered? We live in Florida and it’s summer so we’ve been covering it while we swim and it seems like it’s two steps forward 1 step back every day. Morning after a bandaid and small acv it’s back to black and scabbed. Then after the pool and the next night it’s back to white scab and super gross. I’m not sure what to do with this particular one. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would probably let it completely heal from the scab - no swimming for a few days. On the other hand, maybe it’s continuously bringing out the virus that’s still in his system ...? Not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have long felt a special connection with Herbal Medicine. For one thing is natural, Charlie we went to the same small college in Southern California — Claremont Men’s College — though he dropped out and ultimately enrolled at the Julliard School of the Performing Arts in New York. Had he stayed at Claremont, he would have been a senior the year I started there; I have often kidded that I was the reason he left when he finds out I had herpes. So my life have been lonely like hell all day I couldn't bear the outbreak pain, Tasha then introduce me to Dr Itua who use his herbal medicine to cure her two weeks of drinking it. I place an order form him and he delivers to my post office then I picked it up and used for two weeks all my sore was healed completely no more outbreak I'm honestly telling you this man is a great man, I trust him and his herbal medicine so much I'm sharing this to show my appreciation also to let sick people know there is hope with Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine.Dr Itua Contact Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com,Whatsapp.+2348149277967
    He cures.
    Herpes,
    STROKE.
    Hepatitis
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HIV
    SYPHILIS.
    Liver/Kidney Inflammatory
    Epilepsy

    ReplyDelete
  33. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life
    became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the
    symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family
    run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave
    up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the
    doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but
    they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making
    it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I
    came across testimonies of some people of how DR Ebhota
    cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought
    it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details
    provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me
    his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two
    weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms
    disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was
    NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR
    Ebhota because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on
    telling the world about you. If you are going through same
    situation worry no more and contact DR Ebhota via
    drebhotasolution@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348089535482.
    he also special on cureing 1. HIV/AIDS2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4.
    ALS 5. HEPATITIS B 6.DIABETES 7. HUMAN PAPILOMA VIRUS DISEASE(HPV)8. 
    ALZHEIMER 9. LUPUS (Lupus Vulgaris or LupusErythematosus you

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am so Happy to be writing this article in here, i am here to explore blogs forum about the wonderful and most safe cure for HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS . I was positive to the deadly Virus called HERPES and i lost hope completely because i was rejected even by my closet friends. i searched online to know and inquire about cure for HERPES and i saw Dr ehiaguna testimony online on how he was cured so many persons from Herpes Disease. so i decided to contact the great herbalist because i know that nature has the power to heal everything. i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via FEDEX  and it got to me after 4 days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! its really like a dream but i'm so happy! that's the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more people can be saved just like me! and if you need his help,contact his Email: (drehiaguna@gmail.com) you can contact him on whatsapp +2348073908953 . He also cure the below listed sickness; (1) HERPES, (2) DIABETES, (3) HIV&AIDS, (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION, (5) HEPATITIS B, (6) IMPOTENCE, (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY (8) DIARRHEA (9) ASTHMA...

    ReplyDelete
  35. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete